Participants will know and become conversant with the basic principles of United Methodist doctrine and theology.
The objectives of this course are to:
Help students assess their own faith journey in the context of United Methodist doctrine and theology.
Provide a basic understanding of the elements of United Methodist doctrine and theology.
Provide the opportunity for students to be in online conversation with the instructor and other students about their understandings of United Methodist doctrine and theology.
Assess and evaluate their growth in understanding United Methodist doctrine and theology.
Course dates: November 6 - December 3, 2017
- Facilitator: Marian Adell
The Worship course is intended to help Certified Lay Ministry (CLM) students accomplish the following:
- Understand that designing and leading corporate worship is to be guided by the Holy Spirit.
- Gain knowledge of the elements and order of worship outlined in The United Methodist Book of Worship.
- Understand the importance of spiritual disciplines used in designing Spirit-led worship through Scripture, prayer, contemplation, other texts, singing.
- Develop practical applications for designing and leading thematic worship.
Course dates: September 4 - October 1, 2017
Online meetings: Class meets online each Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m. Central time. A high-speed internet connection and a webcam are highly recommended.
- Facilitator: Abby Caseman